Friday, November 9, 2007

Walk-a-thon


Donna, Helen, and Shannon. Helen is Jody's roommate and has been for years.


Jody, with other volunteers, checking in at the end of her lap.


Barney, who works at Denny's as a buser, hands out pencils, and says he wants to get married.


Donna, Bill (who is in his 70's), and Jody


Quilt made by my quilt group for the Lura Turner Homes. I heard today that Joyce Ridge won it at the raffle. Yeah!!

October 27-Jody's group home has a boutique I usually go to each year, but this year I couldn't make it. I did make 22 pop tab bracelets that sold for $5 each before hand. So, we went to the walk-a-thon and walked with the people from her home at the park. People who pledge just give a certain amount of money, not per lap. Anyway, we walked and walked and talked and hugged. These folks are very affectionate and enjoy the social aspect of the walk. We had fun.

No comments: