Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer School







The day after we got back from Hawaii I started summer school. I had 4 kids in a rocketry class and 16 kids in a sewing class. It felt like I was in a blender. There were 15 sewing machines, but I could only get 10 to work. We got into a rhythm and my sewing kids were amazingly well behaved, they produced 12 pair of pajama pants/shorts, 4 quilts, 1 pieced pillow, and about 8 bags. My youngest sewer was going into 4th grade and the oldest one was going into 8th. Cute, Cute, kids. We launched 5 rockets two times each and only lost one to a rocket eating tree=0 You will notice that one of my sewing students was a boy and he did a great job.

2 comments:

Cambria said...

WOW! They did do a great job! They must have had a great teacher ;)

Chelle said...

I'm impressed! Those kids are better behind a sewing machine than I am! :)