Friday, March 5, 2010

The 1930's Chair



One day we were walking and saw this old chair in the back of a truck, a few days later we saw it again and one day we were walking and the man was climbing into his truck to drive away.
I said, "Hey, your chair is beautiful!"
He said, "Do you want it?"
I said, "Are you kidding me?"
He said, "I'm moving and all my stuff is in storage and I don't have any place to put it."
"Go put it in my driveway," said I.
Well, when we got home the chair was in the driveway. I took all of the old upholstery off of it and it had horse hair and hand tied springs, it was really quite amazing, from the Michigan chair company. I hauled it to Phoenix to the antique guy I've bought stuff from for years. He did a beautiful refinish job and then I hauled it to the upholstery lady and she retied all the springs and reused the horse hair and other items that could be salvaged. So, I present to you the before and after pictures.
This also prompted an interior redesign in the living room because there was no place to put it. Anyway, it's great and well worth all the trouble.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Hmmmm.....No place to put it. Does that mean your house is trying to tell you something?......(I'm full, no more stuff will fit in me!)