Friday, March 5, 2010

So this is spring in Phoenix










We talked to Karen and Dick on the phone last night and they were talking about cold and snow. I thought I would show you what we have to deal with at this time of year. The African Daisies close up at night and open in the morning, if it is raining they also close. If you pick them and put them in water they close at night and don't open the next morning. The lemon tree is loaded and it's kind of like zucchini...no matter who I ask if they would like to have lemons they say, "Thanks, but I have a tree, or my neighbor just gave me some, or there was a bushel in the break room at work." Anyone for lemon bars??? How much lemon juice can I freeze?

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Oh yeah, we are just being tortured with all that sunshine % temperatures barely below 60! I had to turn on the a/c in the car the other day on the way home from school, that's just not right, it's MARCH! I've been more surprised by all the stinking rain, where did that come from? I'm used to living in a drought.