Sunday, February 1, 2009

January Blues


January seems like such a long month. I think it is hard to get back into any kind of routine after having two weeks off, then there is the money thing (we have to pay insurance on 2 cars and the HOA dues, and recover from Christmas), and it's dark when it's time to get out of bed and I don't love that. My mom died on January 15 and her funeral services were on the 20th. I had talked to her on the phone on Jan 8 and she chatted with me for several minutes before she said she was tired and had to hang up. Her funeral services lasted 7 minutes and was not very personal. So, after everyone left the cemetary we (Brook, Travis, Cambria, Roy, Bill, Teresa, Brittney, Matt, Ben, and his cute little girlfriend whose name I don't recall) had our own little service. Cambria said the opening prayer, I gave the talk, and Brook said the closing prayer. We had gotten a beautiful floral arrangement from the great-grandkids and Cam picked it up and we hauled it home. The flowers sat on the back patio for a week and they were wonderful. Mick and Shirley were here and they were a tremendous help to take care of little kids and we all just enjoyed having them around. After the services we went to Joe's Bar-b-que to eat and reminisce.

No comments: